Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 8 was great!

The difficulty I was having with sleeping is now gone. I didn't know exactly what was the cause of my inability to fall asleep and stay asleep these past two years. I suspected subconscious concerns and stress about family, lack of vigorous activity, and my shadow shout, but as it turns out, it was my liver.

Waking between 1 and 3 a.m., sometimes sweaty and agitated, and unable to return to sleep for sometime, is a form of insomnia typical of liver dysfunction. "http://www.life-enthusiast.com/index/Concerns/Liver

Also: Fatigue, irritability, lack of determination, being easily upset, short tempered, feeling nervous sensitivity and attention to trivial matters are all psychological "states of being" associated with an aggravated or depleted liver.

The past two nights I have gone to bed and fallen asleep easily and stayed asleep 'til dawn. That, in itself, is a miracle to me. I am grateful.


I mentioned in the previous post that I have been very concerned for many months about joint pains. My right knee pain made it almost impossible to do my morning walks. A few months ago, when my knee pain was at it's worst, I ran into an old friend, Sandra Acosta. She is a healer/body worker who was trained by the Maori Indians in deep tissue release. I started exchanging massages with her and now my knee is completely pain free. Again,I'm so grateful.

So, I've lost another pound, that makes 12 now. Mostly this weight loss is water loss. I was very bloated which the body does for protection. I wasn't drinking enough water so my body held onto it and used it to protect my organs.

The tenderness and tightness in my upper right abdomen is nearly gone. I'm quite certain I have passed a gallstone or two. No way to tell for sure but I am pain free and ....I am grateful.

I picked up some Epsom salts for a good soak in the tub. Soaking in salts helps draw out toxins and helps heal many skin and joint issues. I used a body scrub to exfoliate. Skin is the largest organ and needs to breathe. We release many toxins through our skin and mine has been mostly neglected since I left the spa industry.

I added 1000 mg of vitamin C to my supplements and Turmeric. Turmeric has been used for 2500 years in India. It is another natural liver detoxifier.

I've also added to my regimen a Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar cocktail. Three times a day I drink 8 glasses of distilled water with 1 tsp ACV and a tsp of either blackstrap molasses or raw honey. This combination does a number of things for the body. I'm reading a book right now about some of the benefits for this and I'll share more later.

My sunrise meditation today was brilliant!

My energy level is at a 6. I can't wait to see what the blood tests reveal.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment